First Light is looking for either young filmmakers or teams of young people aged between 18 and 25 to take part in a 4 day residential course to help find funding for their films. You’ll get access to practical workshops, talks and screenings.
It has partnered with the Flatpack Festival and Creative Skillset to run a film financing course in March 2013. First Light said the course “taught by experienced filmmakers will provide all the tools needed to help get film projects off the ground.”
First Light sums up the course aims:
• Develop knowledge concerning the different models of film financing
• Understand the link between finance and distribution
• Find out about new and innovative funding models
• Learn how to make use of digital technologies to identify audiences and raise funds pre and post production
• Improve skills in writing finance proposals and pitching documents
The course will take place Monday 25th to Thursday 28 March 2013, Birmingham in the West Midlands. You can find out more and download an application form from the website. Deadline for applications is 8th February 2013.