Lincoln School of Film & Media 1st & 2nd Year students can APPLY for LSFM Industry Mentoring to start in the next academic year (2018-19). Our superb School-Industry opportunity is for 20 selected undergraduates to be mentored by a professional who volunteer their time from the working world. Currently mentors are working in audio production, TV, radio, film, design at Hello! magazine, in photography and in multimedia jobs from social media to scriptwriting. This call-out is for LSFM Level 1 and 2 students from animation, audio production, film & television, media production and photography to register their interest. Please download and complete this LSFM_MENTORING-2018:19-StudentForm by Friday 13th April 2018. Please return your form to Louise Lawlor via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Successful applicants will be informed before your student Summer break. If you’re selected as a student-mentee you must be available to attend the 1-hour induction on-campus. It’ll be on a Wednesday afternoon from 4pm to 5pm (likely to be between Week 5 and Week 8) in Semester A, 2018-19.
LSFM mentors have experience from working in corporate companies to running their own businesses. Students who are shortlisted are paired with an available mentor from our database. Please note: LSFM Mentoring is not a matching service! It is a unique chance for a student to link with a professional in the world of work (share ideas, make contacts, explore experiences, network with peers, discuss issues, etc.)
Key points for students:
- Contact time between mentor and mentee is a minimum of 6 in one academic year
- Meetings are flexible and decided by the pairs (contact can be face-to-face, web chat, phone call, etc.)
- Selected students have to be proactive and keep in contact with their mentor during the year
- Student-mentees must attend the 1-hour induction. Wednesday 4pm-5pm (date TBC) Sem A 2018-19.
- Successful mentees will receive a mentoring handbook for guidance
- Complete an online survey at the end of the academic year (for mentors and mentees) for feedback to enable us to develop our mentoring initiative
LSFM Industry Mentoring is in collaboration with the University of Lincoln Careers & Employability team. If you are a professional who is interested in mentoring one of our students please read more here and you can register your interest, anytime. Thank you.