A great opportunity for our Level One and Two students to mentor an international fresher at Lincoln School of Film & Media in the new academic year 2016-17. LSFM International Buddy Scheme (IBS), run by Senior Lecturer Marcella Foster, aims to provide peer support from our students to overseas undergraduates during their first year at the School. Interested? Apply now! Marcella said: Peer student mentors will need to be available for IBS training on Monday 25th April 2016.
We are now recruiting mentors for next year’s International Buddy Scheme, which counts towards the Lincoln Award. International applicants are particularly welcome. Here is the LSFM International Buddy Scheme Application Form 2016 to download. If you’d like more information or assistance in filling in this the form please feel free to contact me. Completed forms to be returned by email to email@example.com before 15th April 2016.
What will it involve?
- Training sessions on Monday 25 April
- An induction session during Welcome Week when you’ll meet your mentees
- Four scheduled meetings with mentees during the year
- E-mail and/or face-to-face mentee support
- Social events
What will you get from it?
- You’ll be more employable. You’ll be trained in cross-cultural awareness, and receive mentor training from a psychologist.
- It will impress universities if you apply for postgraduate study.
- It could help you decide what to do with your life.
- It will build your confidence.
Send your Application Form before Friday 15th April 2016. Thank you.