Today is ‘Career Wednesday’ and you can hear about Design for John Lewis at 2pm and find out how to sell yourself effectively by going to the 1-hour CV workshop at 3.30pm.
Career Wednesday is a chance for you to enhance your employability and gather information on the range of opportunities open to graduates.The initiative’s developed by the University’s Careers and Employability team, whereby each Wednesday employers are in the Enterprise@Lincoln building (next to the library) with the aim to help students and recent graduates to prepare for life after University. Participation in a Career Wednesday session can be included as a chosen activity element of the Lincoln Award. See forthcoming Career Wednesday sessions this semester and register for future events and job vacancies.
Today (Wednesday 13th November)
- 14:00 -3:00 Alex Bell – Senior Design for John Lewis shares his story
- 15:30 – 16:30 Selling Yourself Effectively – CV workshop
Wednesday 20th November
- 14:00 – 15:00 How to Use Social Media to Find a Job
- 15:30 – 16:30 Siemens – Graduate Opportunities
Wednesday 27th November
- 14:00 – 15:00 A Career in Consultancy
- 15:30 -16:30 North Lincolnshire Council – Graduate Training Opportunities
Wednesday 11th December
- 14:00 – 15:00 Surviving the Interview Workshop
- 15:30 – 16:30 Tackling Assessment Centres
How to book? Go to Lincoln.prospects.ac.uk and register yourself with an account. From there you’ll be able to access our ‘Events calendar’ and all of our job vacancies. You can then search events and ‘Book’ on any event you wish to attend. If you’ve problems with the system, please email our events intern Holly Elliott: email@example.com