Are you working as a trainee in camera, sound, edit, production or art departments, with at least two professional on-screen credits and less than three years’ industry experience? Then apply for this 6-month professional development and mentoring scheme from one of the UK’s agency for film and TV. Hurry! The deadline is 28 February 2013 and interviews will be in March.
Thanks to Nicola Lees, who has featured on the LSM’s R&D lecture modules, for telling us about these opportunities. Nicola is the Trainee Scheme Producer and is currently setting up the new career development scheme for those working on the technical/craft side of film and television at Sara Putt Associates. The agency ‘has been providing personal management and representation within feature films, TV drama, documentaries and entertainment for more than 20 years. Alongside the agency, based at Shepperton Studios, the Diary Service provides diary management and upcoming production intelligence for crew.’
Application is by application form and interview, with two industry references. Click here for more information and an application form.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
The agency said: “At the end of six months, trainees will be more confident and polished when networking and applying for jobs. The most impressive trainees may be formally invited to join the Sara Putt Associates Diary Service on a continuing basis.”
Benefits to Trainees:
* A nurturing environment and relationships during the difficult period at the beginning of their career when they are trying to establish themselves
* Training on CV writing, networking and running a freelance career
* A raised profile for the trainees, within the Sara Putt Associates client pool and beyond
* Access to the best independent database of upcoming/current productions
* Numerous valuable networking opportunities with Heads of Departments
* A community of peers who will support and progress alongside them
* A private LinkedIn group will notify the trainees of industry training and funding opportunities relevant to their interests/needs
* Success on this scheme may lead to them being accepted onto to bigger industry schemes
If you’ve any questions about the training scheme or the application process please email Nicola Lees, Trainee Scheme Producer at Sara Putt Associates: firstname.lastname@example.org