It’s time for our undergraduates to REGISTER for LSFM Mentoring – to start in the new academic year 2016-2017. This School-Industry initiative is a fab opportunity for TWENTY selected students to be mentored by a professional who volunteer their time from the world of work. The call-out is for Lincoln School of Film & Media 2nd and 1st year students from animation, audio production, film & TV, media production and photography to apply NOW! Just download this form: LSFM_STUDENT-REGISTRATION-FORM_2016-2017
Remember there are ONLY 20 student places for the new academic year. So please return your form by 12-noon on Tuesday 22nd March to Louise Lawlor via email. If selected as a student-mentee you must be available to attend the 1-hour induction on-campus. It will be on Wednesday afternoon from 4pm to 5pm and it is likely to be either Week 5 or Week 6 in Semester A (2016-2017).
LSFM mentors have experience from working in corporate companies to running their own businesses. Students who are shortlisted are paired with an available mentor from our database. Please note: LSFM Mentoring is not a matching service! It is a unique chance for a student to link with a professional in the world of work (share ideas, make contacts, explore experiences, network with peers, discuss issues, etc.)
Key points for students are:
- Contact time between mentor and mentee is a minimum of 6 in one academic year
- Meetings are flexible and decided by the pairs (contact can be face-to-face, web chat, phone call, etc.)
- Selected students have to be proactive and contact their mentor during the year
- Student-mentees must attend the 1-hour induction. Wednesday pm (date TBC)
- Successful mentees will receive a mentoring handbook for guidance
- Complete an online survey at the end of the academic year (for mentors and mentees) for feedback to enable us to develop our mentoring initiative
LSFM Mentoring is in collaboration with the University of Lincoln Careers & Employability team. If you are a professional who is interested in mentoring one of our students please read more here and register your interest, anytime. Thank you.