From LSM graduate Dom James, now Head of Post Production at Reef Television in London: I’m looking for a new edit assistant to start in September for a 4 month contract and wanted to give Lincoln students the first opportunity to apply. Here’s the description for the job :
Reef TV are looking for an Edit Assistant in London. The role will include copying tapeless media to the digitise stations and converting to low res material for use in offline edit, conforms from offline to online for HD edits and general maintenance of the edit suites.You will be responsible for unlock/lockup of the office and work will be based on a shift pattern with 2 other assistants. Must be available for immediate interview. Closing date 11th August 2013. Salary according to age and experience (adheres to UK minimum wage regulations).
PLEASE DO NOT CALL REEF – EMAIL CONTACT ONLY: Please send CV and cover email with subject “EDIT ASSISTANT – LINCOLN” to email@example.com. Only successful applicants will be contacted to attend interview.
* Start 2nd September 2013 for 4 month position
* Based WC1
* 5 day week, DOIL/pro rata salary applicable for any additional days. Occasional weekend work / shift patterns that include early / late starts
* MUST be technically minded and have experience with Windows PCs and AVID Media Composer
* MUST be confident with SD and HD camera equipment.
* MUST be confident working with Graphics in both Adobe Creative Suite and AVID Media Composer
* HD tapeless workflow knowledge is advantageous.
* THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB – EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
* PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MATCH THE CRITERIA
* DO NOT CALL PRODUCTION COMPANY – EMAIL ONLY
* THERE ARE NO OTHER JOBS, IF YOU ARE NOT APPLYING FOR THE ADVERTISED JOB – DO NOT SEND YOUR CV