From Christine Birchall
Corporate Communications and Marketing Manager
Norfolk County Council firstname.lastname@example.org
Norfolk County Council is offering two paid six month internships in our Customer Service and Communications team from September 1 to end March 2014.
As we are looking for recent graduates with media, marketing, PR or other communications skills and aptitudes. Applications must be made via our website www.norfolk.gov.uk/jobsandcareers Last date for application is Friday August 2.
Communications Intern 605 CRSE
County Hall, Norwich
£12,915 – £13,725 per annum (Scale B)
37 hours per week
Temporary contract initially for six months
As a Customer Service and Communication Intern your role will primarily be to ‘work shadow’ and provide some support for our four main areas of award winning service:
– Dealing with fast moving media issues, in a sensitive political environment
– Designing and delivering marketing campaigns that change people’s lives
– Involving and engaging people in our services
– Helping improve access to services through web, phone or face to face routes.
Ideally, we’re looking for a recent media, marketing, PR or Communications graduate with
demonstrable interests and skills in:
– New media
– Public service/local politics
We will closely mentor you with set structured objectives – so don’t worry, you won’t be confined to making the tea or stuffing envelopes (any more than the rest of us!) and in return, you will offer us enthusiasm, dedication, and the benefit of new ideas.