Sophy Taylor, Class of 2014 | Executive Videographer

Sophy-Taylor_2014GradSophy Taylor can’t be at our Graduation Day in Lincoln (UK) tomorrow because she is working – in Ibiza. Later this month she’ll be heading off to LA to undertake a postgraduate course.  Sophy said: I hope this update isn’t mistaken as a boast but more of a recognition of the lessons LSM (now LSFM) has taught me! 

My application for the New York Film Academy in Los Angeles has been officially accepted, and all that is pending now is my visa! If all goes to plan, I will be moving to L.A. (my campus is based there) a week before my start date of 1st October. I will be there until the following September provided everything goes well!

Unfortunately however I won’t be attending Graduation (9 September) for two reasons; one is that my parents are away and I don’t want to attend without them but the main reason is that I will still be working out here in Ibiza!  I moved out here at the start of June with just my camera and have been working my socks off and networking with every Tom, Dick and Harry and am very proud to say I am the first Executive Videographer for a new company called IBZ.TV.  You can check out my work on YouTube. I am also a photographer on the Pukka Up boat parties which I do three times a week and its absolutely amazing.

You can see the gallery on its website. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting people from all walks of life; DJs, managers from Sony, Ministry of Sound, and Radio 1, and most importantly people in my field who have taught me a few more of the tricks of the trade as well as some of the harsh lessons.

I hope that at the end of my master’s degree I will come back to Lincoln to see how the University has progressed, as it was the University combined with my employment that pushed me to do as much as I possibly could and leave my comfort zone once and for all. And I will let you know how I get on at NYFA later this year!